Sunday, March 8, 2009

disappointment? maybe

For the first time in the course of the bet, I was stood up. Its not as bad as it could have been, I wasn't stuck waiting for someone in a bar, looking nervous and obsessively looking at my watch. I'm still sitting in my apartment wearing my pajamas. It's 11:30AM on a Sunday.

I talked to this guy Sam earlier in the week - he's the half Indian/half English doctor, and we decided to meet for tea at 11AM today. There had been a lot of flirtatious text messages back and forth during the week. He seemed really intent on meeting me as soon as possible, even suggesting when I told him I had plans that I should meet him afterwards. That happened both Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday he texted asking what I was doing at 6PM, I was getting my haircut - I was, really. I woke up Saturday, another text messages from 12:43AM, asking what I was doing. Sleeping.

At that point, I was already losing interest, and figured if we did get together today, at least I could check off one more date. Although I never met him in person, through text messaging and talking to him once, he had a certain amount of arrogance where he seemed like he could get away with suggesting things like coming back to my house after meeting for tea. It just wasn't very attractive.

The biggest disappointment is that I now have to set up a new date.

No comments:

Post a Comment